Tuesday, October 27, 2009

October 27: "Wild Things" don't make my heart sing


Last weekend I invited several of my friends to go see "Where the Wild Things Are" with me. To those friends, I want to apologize again! I think we all sat there with a confused or incredulous look on our faces throughout the entire show. It definitely wasn't what I was expecting. Apparently it was par for the course for the director, Spike Jonze, but I wasn't familiar with him or his work. It seemed a little heavy and dark for the audience who reads the book--I definitely wouldn't recommend taking little kids to it. But, if you like movies that have a little of the bizarre and obscure in them, you may enjoy it.


1 comment:

  1. Hey Kristen - I got your texts about the event, but obviously couldn't go. I should've warned you though. My friend Lauren basically had the same opinion you did about the movie. Such a disappointment.

    We do need to hang out soon though. Love you!

    ReplyDelete