Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
I WISH! Actually today is really one of the most dreaded days of the year. Today is the day my students had to sit down with a parent's arm around them and listen to a nurse say embarrassing things about how they will be maturing socially, emotionally, and physically in the next couple of years. Oh the horror! I can still remember going to maturation with my mom and getting a sample stick of deodorant and having my face turn all red. On the other side of things, it is pretty funny watching kids duck their heads and not be able to look at each other once they get back to the classroom. Those bags of "goodies" go quickly to the backpacks before going out to recess to try to forget about the whole thing. Ahh, isn't growing up so much fun?!
- Call Me Ishmael.
- It was the best of times, it was the worst of times
- It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.
- All children, but one, grow up.
- It was a pleasure to burn.
- In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth
- In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
The Bishop used this as a segue to talking about how important word choice can be in the scriptures. He used an example from the Book of Mormon, showing how studying just one word can change the importance/understanding of a passage of scripture. It was a very interesting lesson. There is definitely a difference between reading the scriptures and searching/pondering them.
Kim, I admire the way you are raising Zac. You are so loving and patient.
Mom, you love me unconditionally. What more can I ask for?
Grandma, you are a pillar of strength. Thank you for your example.
Happy Mother's Day!