- Call Me Ishmael.
- It was the best of times, it was the worst of times
- It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.
- All children, but one, grow up.
- It was a pleasure to burn.
- In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth
- In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
The Bishop used this as a segue to talking about how important word choice can be in the scriptures. He used an example from the Book of Mormon, showing how studying just one word can change the importance/understanding of a passage of scripture. It was a very interesting lesson. There is definitely a difference between reading the scriptures and searching/pondering them.