Friday, February 6, 2009

February 6: Grandma's Love

Today is my Grandma Dorothy's birthday.

She is an amazing woman, someone I consider to be a hero in my life. She has had many health problems all throughout her life, but she is so strong. I don't think any of us know how much she hurts sometimes, but she doesn't complain. Grandma has such a capacity for loving people. She knows everyone and used to send a birthday card to all of them every year. I don't know that I can think of any major event in my life that she hasn't been there to share with me: birthdays, dance and piano recitals, graduations, she has been to all of them. Some of my favorite memories though are the birthday lunches we used to have together. That was my time to be alone with her, and I loved every minute. I need to find more opportunities to have lunch together now. Grandma, I hope this year is a good one for you. I hope you know how much I love you. Happy Birthday!

PS 12 days...

No comments:

Post a Comment