Tuesday, February 17, 2009

February 17: Sub Plans

Being a teacher is not like a lot of other jobs. Yes, I do get time off in the summer, but taking time off mid-year is really hard. I have to spend a lot of time preparing to be gone. In fact, it is ususally harder to be gone than it is to just go to school. That's why I have to be pretty sick before I will call a sub. Disneyland, on the other hand, is worth it. I spent all afternoon getting sub plans ready for the next three days. I'm pretty picky about the subs I will call, and I'm very detailed in my sub plans. Just because I'm gone doesn't mean it should be a free-for-all in my classroom. Luckily I have a great substitute this time, she student-taught with my friend before Christmas and knows how things work in fifth grade. It's nice having someone I trust to cover the curriculum and keep my kids in check. I will really be able to enjoy my time away because of that.

P.S. 1 day...

No comments:

Post a Comment