Sunday, February 15, 2009

February 15: Stake Conference Soundtrack

Today was Stake Conference, and the highlight was our Stake President's talk. He spoke on the importance of music, actually I guess you could say he SANG about the importance of music. Pres. Mabey actually sang lines from hymns and primary songs for most of his talk. It was awesome! He's not the best singer, but what a fun way to give a talk! He definitely got everyone's attention.

It made me think of how MUSIC is such an central part of my life.



  • I took piano lessons for about ten years, which taught me to love classical music. I particularly enjoy Chopin and Rachmaninoff.

  • My favorite shows to see are musicals and I love to listen to the soundtracks. Wicked is my all-time favorite, followed by Aida and The Secret Garden.

  • I am in charge of teaching all the music to the 5th graders for our program.

  • I wanted to get a music emphasis with my elementary ed degree, so I took all kinds of classes, including a conducting class.

  • I started listening to country music my senior year of high school and three of my car radio buttons are set to country music stations, but I do have FM 100 and KOSY 106.5 for Sundays.

  • I often hum without even thinking about it. My sisters used to laugh at me all the time for staring out of the car window and humming a random tune.

  • I have a hard time getting songs out of my head, which can be a fun or annoying thing depending on the song.

I also thought about what songs I would use in a talk if I was giving a talk like Pres. Mabey's. I would definitely have to include "I Believe in Christ", "Where Can I turn for Peace", "I am a Child of God", and "I Wonder When He Comes Again". I don't know if I would ever have the courage to just sing a bunch of songs from the pulpit by myself, but who knows, I may surprise us all one day!
P.S. 3 days...

No comments:

Post a Comment