Tuesday, March 17, 2009

March 17: Lucky!

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Don't you love the cool shamrock glasses? I only get to wear them once a year, but they always get a great reaction from the kids at school. I can only have them over my eyes for a little while though, because the world in green gives me a headache. I guess I couldn't live in the Emerald City! Normally, celebrations for St. Patrick's Day aren't all that special, but this year Emily invited me over for a special dinner. Emily loves to celebrate holidays, and she went all out for this one. She cooked all day and there was TONS of food: Corned Beef and Cabbage, Cabbage Rolls, Irish Soda Bread, Green JELLO, Potatoes, Shamrock Cookies, and Pistachio Pudding dessert. Holy cow! I did try at least a little of everything. I can honestly say now that I am not a huge fan of corned beef, but I did enjoy everything else. Thanks, Em, for a great night!


No comments:

Post a Comment