Tuesday, March 31, 2009

March 31: Visiting Teaching




Tonight I met up with my Visiting Teaching coordinator to do our report for the month and get next month's groups ready. Being RS president has given me a better testimony of visiting teaching. I will admit that before now my visiting teaching record was intermittent at best. I was even worse at reporting to my supervisor. Now I realize how important it all is. As president, I can't go out and see every sister in the ward every month. I need the visiting teaching groups to meet and report back so I know what is going on in their lives. I would love to be able to celebrate all the accomplishments and help with every difficulty, but I can't if I don't know about them. I wish every sister could have this experience so that we would all be focused on the relationships that can be built through visiting teaching instead of just trying to get a quick conversation in on the last day of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment