Tuesday, January 13, 2009

January 13: All Men are Created Equal...

Today I began discussing the Declaration of Independence with my students. This is one of my favorite things about being a 5th grade teacher; I love the opportunity I have to talk about this great country we live in. It is an amazing blessing to be a citizen of the United States, and this document was one of the catalysts for the change that allowed our country to grow.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."
What inspired words! I am so grateful for the brave leaders, then and now, who are willing to give up their time, their resources, and even their lives in support of these ideals.

PS 36 days...

No comments:

Post a Comment