Friday, January 9, 2009

January 9: Home Sweet Home

This is my APARTMENT. I moved out on my own last June to this two-bedroom duplex apartment. This is the first time I have ever lived by myself.

I have lived with my family (18 years), various college roommates (4 years), fellow camp counselors (1 summer during college), and my sister Michelle and our friend Jodi (8 years).

After 30 years of living with other people and trying to keep the peace with them; sometimes successfully, other times not so much, I decided it was time to break out on my own.

Can I tell you how much I LOVE it?! I think everyone should live by themselves at some point in their lives, at least for a little while. You have the TIME and the SETTING that allows you to really GET TO KNOW YOURSELF. It's really eye-opening!

No comments:

Post a Comment