Friday, January 30, 2009

January 30: Game Day

No, this isn't a reference to the Super Bowl. 
(I don't even know who is playing on Sunday.)
My students got to have a game day today. They brought their favorite games to play with each other. The only rule was that they couldn't bring electronic games.
Can you believe they still had fun? In our world of PS2s, Wiis, and Nintendo DSs, who has time for board or card games anymore? Well, I do! I prefer a good game of Life or Monopoly to Rock Band or even Mario Kart.
I love to play games; strategic ones like Settlers of Catan, silly ones like Curses, fast-moving ones like California Speed, or slow-moving ones like Rummikub. I just bought a new game that I haven't played yet, it's called Set Cubed. Let me know if you are interested and we'll play!

PS 19 days...

1 comment:

  1. I'm in for Set Cubed!! Lets plan a game/movie night soon!

    ReplyDelete