Monday, January 26, 2009

January 26: I Cannot Live Without Books

The title of this post is a quote from Thomas Jefferson. I have the quote on a board that my friend Jodi once gave me along with a book journal.
It was the PERFECT gift because I have always been OBSESSED with reading. I would read instead of cleaning my room, I would read instead of doing my homework, I would read instead of being upset about being sent to my room.
The same thing even happens today. What you don't see in this picture is a bed that hasn't been made and laundry that needs to be put away.
These are some of the books I have on my TO READ LIST. A lot of them are children's books. I try to read all of the books I put out for my 5th graders to borrow. I'm a little behind with that right now, as you can see. The notebook on the top of the pile is my book journal. I write down the title and author of every book I read.
It's FUN to see how many books I read in a year, and it helps me make book recommendations to other people. So, if you need to know a good kid's book, mystery, historical fiction, or classic to read, I may be able to help you.

PS 23 days...

No comments:

Post a Comment