Wednesday, January 28, 2009

January 28: My Friend Em

Happy Birthday Em!

Emily is one of my very bestest friends in the whole wide world. We were put together as roommates during our freshman year of college. I was afraid to meet her because my room assignment showed she was from West Valley. I pictured a girl with three-inch-high bangs and gang stories to tell. 
I couldn't have been more wrong!
We stayed up almost the entire first night talking. It was one of those Anne of Green Gables moments; Emily is a "bosom friend." We were joined at the hip for most of the next three years before she went on her mission. We did lose track of each other for a little while after she got home and I had started teaching, but we found each other again almost six years ago, and it was like no time had passed.
Emily is such a wonderful person, I am so grateful to call her my friend. She and I can still talk forever, she is someone I trust with my secrets. I appreciate the fact that she lets me be a part of her family. I love her boys like my own nephew. I hope this birthday is the start of a wonderful year for her. She deserves it!


PS 21 days...

No comments:

Post a Comment