Sunday, January 4, 2009

January 4: The Fridge is Bare

Today was Fast Sunday, which I will admit is sometimes a day that I endure, not enjoy. I know there are so many blessings I get when I fast with purpose, but sometimes the stomach grumblings that go along with it are just too embarrassing! Well, today was a day I had no choice but to fast.

Exhibit A: my refrigerator.

Notice how much food is NOT in it.
I don't remember the last time I did real grocery shopping. It may have been at the beginning of November. Since then it's been quick little trips to get just one or two things at a time. Michelle and Jodi will confirm how much I hate grocery shopping. I do as little as possible. However, I am now down to bare bones. I broke my fast with a can of peaches, a bowl of rice, and a cup of hot chocolate. Thank goodness we had a family activity at my Aunt Cindy's house! Her goodies saved me from starving. I think Dick's Market can expect a visitor this week!

4 comments:

  1. Is this where your blog title came from? "Just a bowl of peaches?" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do enjoy eating a good juicy peach, but that's not exactly where the title comes from. The real reason involves a girl's camp and a nickname...

    ReplyDelete