Saturday, January 31, 2009

January 31: Great Grandma

Today my extended family got together for a family reunion of sorts. The group included my grandpa's brothers and their families. These are people I know really well, which is kind of unusual. My grandpa's mother, my SWEET Grandma Alpha, used to have all of us over to her house on Sunday evenings. She passed away in 2000, and now we all get together only once in a while. My great-aunt did something really fun this time. She had all of us write down our thoughts and memories of my Grandma Alpha and send them to her. She put together a book of memories for all of us, including pictures.

Of course I cried when I started reading through it. Grandma Alpha has always been one of my FAVORITE people. She was a talented cook, artist, and she knew how to love people unconditionally. I really miss holding her hand and talking to her, but I know she is watching out for me still. I can't wait to read the entire book.

PS 18 days...

No comments:

Post a Comment