Wednesday, July 22, 2009

July 14: Half Blood Prince midnight movie

A group of friends and I went to the midnight showing of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince tonight. I was so excited to see the movie because I had just finished the book, and it is my favorite of all the books. It's an interesting experience to go to a midnight movie. That's when all the staunch fans go, there were a lot of people in costume.


I was hoping to enjoy the movie as much as the book, but it didn't quite meet my expectations. I didn't expect all the details to be there, you can only put so much into a couple of hours, but I hate it when they change the storyline completely. I was confused when the Burrow got burned down and disappointed with the lack of action at the end of the movie. I also feel like a lot of things important for the next book were left out. Books are always better than the movie adaptations! I think I would have liked it a lot more if I hadn't just read the book though. I've decided I can't read book 7 before the next movie. That way my expectations won't be too high.

No comments:

Post a Comment