Wednesday, July 22, 2009

July 8: Rafael's Mexican Restaurant

Today I took Grandma Barbara to a movie and lunch. That was my gift to her for Mother's Day and we finally got together to do it. She wanted to go to Raf's for lunch, and I was happy to oblige, I haven't been there for a while. Rafael's is the restaurant I worked at when I was in high school and college. The Chavez family runs it, and they were great employers. They were good to me and other members of my family who also worked there (Kim, Mike, Jon, Chelsea). Their food is still some of my favorite Mexican food. They have the best soft shelled chicken tacos, fajitas, chili verde, limeade, and rice. Their menu has changed a little bit since they moved to a new location this last year, but it is still good food. Grandma and I certainly enjoyed our lunch today.

No comments:

Post a Comment