Tuesday, July 14, 2009

May 18: Cookbooks for someone who doesn't cook

I'm not a cook. Anyone who has ever lived with me can attest to that. I don't mean that I can't cook. I just don't love it. I hate trying to decide what to make. More often than not I just stare in the fridge or at the cupboards trying to decide what sounds good and not too time consuming. When I get the urge I can make a great meal, but those urges don't come very often. Why do I buy cookbooks then? To be honest, I rarely use them. These are two of the most recent cookbooks I've purchased. They have a lot of great looking recipes in them, but I haven't tried one yet. I need to remember to choose a couple and actually get the ingredients for them the next time I go to the store.

1 comment:

  1. I love recipes, and therefore I love cookbooks. Someday I'll own a huge collection of them. For now I have... one. But that's okay. My sisters highly recommend "The Joy of Cooking" and "Favorites" (the second of which you can buy through the Make a Wish Foundation and all proceeds go towards their charity). Just some suggestions...!

    ReplyDelete