Wednesday, July 22, 2009

June 17: Kim's special day

My little sister Kimmy (can I still call you that?) turned 27 today. We spent the day together having breakfast and going shopping. I love spending time with Kim. She is one of my very best friends. I'm so lucky to have her as my sister.
There were times that she fit the character of "annoying little sister" when we were young, but I mostly have great memories of growing up with Kim. We made up games, played dress-ups, rode bikes, took sewing and cooking classes, and talked to each other through the heating vents. Kim is pretty mild-tempered even though she gives the best crusties of anyone I know. She is a fantastic wife, mother, and teacher. She finds a way to balance family, work, and church responsibilities. I admire her, she is far more talented than she gives herself credit. Kim, I hope this is your best year ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment