Tuesday, July 28, 2009

July 25: Cecret Lake

Emily invited me to go on a hike with her family this morning. Yeah! My first hike of the summer. I was really excited until she told me I had to be to her house by 7:30 in the morning. (Doesn't she know it's summer?!?) I rolled out of bed and drove to her house, but I refused to put makeup on. They would have to deal with the real me if they wanted me that early!

We drove up Little Cottonwood Canyon past Alta Ski Resort to the trailhead. I was a little curious how Emily's three, four, and five-year-old would do, but I shouldn't have worried. The hike was just about a mile long and they did great! The little lake and surrounding meadows were beautiful. Em brought bagels and fruit, so we ate breakfast by the lake and enjoyed the scenery. I couldn't believe that I grew up so close to this place and I'd never been before. I need to get my family to go up with me sometime. It was a great way to spend a Saturday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment