Wednesday, July 22, 2009

July 5: Heather's happy day

Heather Parry is my oldest friend and it's her birthday today. I've known her since we were eight, just after I moved to the neighborhood, but we didn't start hanging out until one fateful Mia Maid overnight activity when we were fourteen. For some reason, everything just clicked that night, and we've been close ever since. Heather knows all my secrets and shortcomings and she loves me anyway. She's been there for me for more than half my life. I have so many wonderful memories of her:
  • walking around the block between our houses, sometimes with shoes on
  • watching her willingly get put into the trunk of her own car
  • teasing her about "college boy"
  • laughing about the bathroom stall experience at Lagoon
  • going to Lake Powell after high school graduation
  • going bowling when she came to visit me at Utah State
  • trying to talk her out of getting serious with her boyfriend (now husband)
  • believing her when she told me the mark on her neck was not a hickey
  • being the maid of honor at her wedding
  • going to the hospital when her first son was born
  • visiting her at her tiny duplex apartment in Price
  • running through the Denver Airport trying to make our flight
  • scrapbooking with her
  • spending time with her and her boys
  • talking with her and knowing she's listening and that she cares

Happy Birthday Heather! Thank you for being such a wonderful friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment