Tuesday, July 28, 2009

July 26: Sunday night gatherings

My family has a tradition of getting together every Sunday night. It all started with my Great-grandma Alpha. My mom grew up going over to her house on Sundays and that continued into my college years. Grandma Alpha was in her nineties when she had to be moved to a care center, but she had all of her family over every week until then. My mom's family has continued to do it since. I don't think we could imagine not having these get togethers. We now rotate between my mom's house and her siblings' houses.

Tonight we were at my Aunt Lori's house. She always goes overboard when we meet at her house. You can count on salad, fruit and/or veggies, chips and dip, and at least three different desserts. The best is when she puts little labels out so you know the names of all her dishes. We usually just sit around, eat, talk, and enjoy each other's company. I know it doesn't sound too exciting, but I love it. I love being with my family, it always rejuvenates me for the week. I'm grateful my grandma started such a wonderful tradition.

Zac helped me take pictures of the fam tonight (Cheese!). We were only missing Mike, Lauren, and Celeste.

No comments:

Post a Comment