Tuesday, July 28, 2009

July 24: The Days of '47 Celebration

Today was the big Pioneer Day celebration in Salt Lake. Michelle, my parents, and I decided to go downtown for the big parade. We aren't crazy enough to camp out overnight, so we could only find a spot facing the sun. That wasn't such a bad thing while there were clouds in the sky, but they disappeared just in time for the parade to start.

I enjoy a good parade with big, colorful floats and fun marching bands, and I was not disappointed in this one. These are my favorite entries...

I love that we set aside a day to celebrate our pioneer heritage in Utah. I wish I knew all the stories of my pioneer ancestors, but I don't. I am grateful for all their sacrifice and diligence. I am so blessed because of their faithfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment